Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Impeached?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NSFW Trump Impeached?

    So who here thinks that will happen? What will be the charge(s)?

    For the life of me, I don't see it. It seems clear he had no involvement with any Russian doings, and firing Comey was within his rights as Prez. Now they're investigating that part of it, as if it's a coverup of something. What?

    I don't get it.

    Cui Bono? Pence and the Republican establishment.

  • #2
    No one says Trump wasn't allowed to fire Comey. The FBI Director serves at the pleasure of The President. It's why Trump fired Comey that matters.

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Captquint View Post
          No one says Trump wasn't allowed to fire Comey. The FBI Director serves at the pleasure of The President. It's why Trump fired Comey that matters.
          He could fire him because he didn't like his shoes. This looks like scratching and scratching, trying to dig something up or kick up enough dust to make it look like something.

          I am afraid that this time a guy will be impeached for being impolitic. And the effect it's going to have on half the country will be... I dunno. The Republicans will all but disappear, their base will be so disgusted.

          Comment


          • #6
            (Mine is Linda Gordon. I think I actually found her irl. You would never recognize her today.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gauleiter Bruce View Post

              He could fire him because he didn't like his shoes. This looks like scratching and scratching, trying to dig something up or kick up enough dust to make it look like something.

              I am afraid that this time a guy will be impeached for being impolitic. And the effect it's going to have on half the country will be... I dunno. The Republicans will all but disappear, their base will be so disgusted.
              That's just false. If Trump fired Comey in an attempt to end a investigation of himself that is obstruction of justice. The Attorney General should also be cited for Contempt of Congress.

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh, to dive on a real muff. Wish I could go back in time and relive it. Actually appreciate it, y'know?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Captquint View Post

                  That's just false. If Trump fired Comey in an attempt to end a investigation of himself that is obstruction of justice. The Attorney General should also be cited for Contempt of Congress.
                  Prove it. He wasn't even under investigation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Captquint View Post
                    No one says Trump wasn't allowed to fire Comey. The FBI Director serves at the pleasure of The President. It's why Trump fired Comey that matters.
                    Nope

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gauleiter Bruce View Post

                      Prove it. He wasn't even under investigation.
                      He is now.


                      Comeys firing came less than two months after the director confirmed at a congressional hearing on March 20 that the bureau is investigating whether there was any coordination between the [Trump] campaign and Russia

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nothing will happen to Trump unless things get so bad that the Republican-controlled House congresscritters start fearing for their jobs.

                        P.S. Or it gets so bad that the Republicans lose the House. Very unlikely, but if it happened, Articles of Impeachment would swiftly follow. Even though I'm not sure they'd be justified (same as my opinion when it happened with Bill Clinton). I also think it would be a strategic error for the Democrats to put Pence in the job.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gauleiter Bruce View Post
                          (Mine is Linda Gordon. I think I actually found her irl. You would never recognize her today.)
                          I thought after yesterday you could us a little Loving in a Trump thread.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Captquint View Post

                            He is now.


                            Comeys firing came less than two months after the director confirmed at a congressional hearing on March 20 that the bureau is investigating whether there was any coordination between the [Trump] campaign and Russia
                            You are playing circular games.

                            He fired comey in an attempt to end an investigation of himself.
                            Nope. There was no investigation of Trump.
                            Then you post something about the bureau investigating links between his campaign and Russia.
                            But that is ongoing. And Comey himself stated he's seen no evidence.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by beantown23 View Post

                              I thought after yesterday you could us a little Loving in a Trump thread.
                              I'm not upset about that. It's sad and weird, but par for the course, anymore.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X