Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV theme music / songs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TV theme music / songs

    I've been watching the original Mission: Impossible episodes on Amazon. I'm also watching Star Trek Enterprise. I've decided the 90 second theme song of Enterprise is the worst theme song ever while Mission: Impossible has one of the best theme music I can remember.

    Shit, thinking on others,
    I've got the theme to Laverne and Shirley stuck in my head.

  • #2
    What fucking time signature is that?!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
      What fucking time signature is that?!
      If that's a serious question, the theme is in 5/4 time: five beats per measure, every beat is a quarter note. But in effect, it's 3/4 then 2/4 in alternating broken measures, syncopating the theme and giving it that hard rhythmic punch and drive. Definitely in the very top five TV theme songs.

      Comment


      • #4
        This piece of shit board won't let me upload the youtube file, but I was obsessed with the Rockford Files theme when I was a kid.

        Comment


        • #5
          GOT's opening music is pretty damned good. Westworld too. I saw the thread title and now I have the Green Acres theme gong through my head.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by QillerDaemon View Post
            If that's a serious question, the theme is in 5/4 time: five beats per measure, every beat is a quarter note. But in effect, it's 3/4 then 2/4 in alternating broken measures, syncopating the theme and giving it that hard rhythmic punch and drive. Definitely in the very top five TV theme songs.
            Man, it certainly doesnt feel like a standard quarter note = 1 beat composition. To me it has an odd signature feel. The syncopation is remarkable.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Whackov View Post
              GOT's opening music is pretty damned good. Westworld too. I saw the thread title and now I have the Green Acres theme gong through my head.
              The GOT theme is fantastic. It actually makes me want to watch the opening.

              Comment


              • #8
                 

                Comment


                • #9

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OK, that was a BS edited version later removing the hot chicks with the bouncing tits.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Still not the original.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                           

                          Comment


                          • #14



                            The best theme song EVER!!!!11!!1!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
                              The GOT theme is fantastic. It actually makes me want to watch the opening.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X