Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MASH fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by hawkfan8812 View Post
    I really did look forward to MASH night as a young man. It was on Mondays when I started watching.
    When we got our first colour TV the first thing I watched was M*A*S*H* the movie.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by FSchmertz View Post
      My dad was a chemical engineer, he thought he was involved with the Manhattan Project, but it was so compartmentalized few knew the big picture.
      Have an Uncle Engineer from the Dallas area working high tech back in the late 60's/ early 70's that perfected the all weather smart bombs and cruise missiles you see today. Started the whole interface with GPS before he retired.

      Comment


      • #33
        I was always fascinated by how much Korea looks like California.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
          I was always fascinated by how much Korea looks like California.
          Only one of the Asian actors was Korean.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by WTexasCrude View Post

            Have an Uncle Engineer from the Dallas area working high tech back in the late 60's/ early 70's that perfected the all weather smart bombs and cruise missiles you see today. Started the whole interface with GPS before he retired.
            I have a brother in law that worked with NASA on the Apollo projects. His name is etched on a plaque attached to the side of the lunar lander on the moon.
            My other brother in law worked for Northrup Grumman on the F-22. His name is signed on the wheel well of the first F-22 in the Wright Patterson Museum in Ohio.

            Comment


            • #36
              Yeah, like there's a lunar lander on the moon.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Mr.Angry View Post

                I have a brother in law that worked with NASA on the Apollo projects. His name is etched on a plaque attached to the side of the lunar lander on the moon.
                My other brother in law worked for Northrup Grumman on the F-22. His name is signed on the wheel well of the first F-22 in the Wright Patterson Museum in Ohio.
                Tell your relatives to stop writing on gov'ment property.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I wonder if Jon thinks his little blond aunt is cute.

                  i can't keep up with all the names.

                  Danny said that two of the dragons are named after her brothers. Is the third dragon named after anyone?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by gnostic View Post
                    I wonder if Jon thinks his little blond aunt is cute.

                    i can't keep up with all the names.

                    Danny said that two of the dragons are named after her brothers. Is the third dragon named after anyone?
                    Drogon, named after Khal Drogo, black with red markings. Larger and more aggressive than his siblings, he is also the mount of Daenerys Targaryen.
                    .

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      A lot of folks don't know the TV series theme had words. If you saw the film, I think it actually used them.

                      Song was titled "Suicide is Painless."

                      If I recall correctly, in the movie the Gas-Passer (ie the anesthesiologist) was nicknamed "Painless," and he wanted to kill himself.

                      P.S. Looked it up, and the full nic was actually "Painless Pole" aka Captain Walter Koskiusko "Painless Pole" Waldowski

                      http://mash.wikia.com/wiki/Walter_Waldowski

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The movie was great. Edgy. Had a character named "Spearchucker". And Sally Kellerman showed her rack. The TV show just got more and more homogenized. Klinger stopped dressing in drag. Father Mulcahey didn't minister much, and BJ Honeycut was a milquetoast. I hate myself for ever enjoying it. Every ranking officer except the two leads was portrayed as an idiot buffoon.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by charliesheen View Post
                          The movie was great. Edgy. Had a character named "Spearchucker". And Sally Kellerman showed her rack. The TV show just got more and more homogenized. Klinger stopped dressing in drag. Father Mulcahey didn't minister much, and BJ Honeycut was a milquetoast. I hate myself for ever enjoying it. Every ranking officer except the two leads was portrayed as an idiot buffoon.
                          It was explained that Spearchucker's nic wasn't racially based, but was because he was a great javelin thrower. Though I would suspect a certain amount of wiseass teasing would be involved too.

                          And in the movie, they dealt with racial relations by having racist Duke from Georgia eventually come to respect and be friends with Spearchucker, who on top of being a great javelin thrower was an exceptional neurosurgeon.

                          P.S. One of the explanations I read for dropping the Spearchucker character from the TV series is they couldn't deal with the racial fallout from the nic.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            So many great lines.

                            "Know what kind of wood this is?"

                            "I can come in, I can go out,"

                            "Frank Burns eats worms"

                            "Emotionally exhausted and morally bankrupt"

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              "Major Disaster" Though I suspect that has been used before on someone other than Burns.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I was more of a Hogans Heroes guy. That show was actually filmed during the war, and was the first reality show. I know that because the smartest guy and radio was hero was a black guy named Kinchloe.

                                He was shot down and caught. He was second in command, a radio genius and a non com to boot. He could do impersonations better than Rich Little.

                                so you KNOW that show was real.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X