Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vault7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vault7

    I'll never understand this site. I follow the instructions and it still keeps shrinking down what I cut / paste.

  • #2
    WikiLeaks has published what it claims is the "largest ever publication of confidential documents on the CIA." It includes more than 8,000 documents as part of

    Comment


    • #3
      WikiLeaks has published what it claims is the largest ever release of confidential documents on the CIA. It includes more than 8,000 documents as part of

      AHA!

      Hoover has n issue with his language settings. Bug that popped up awhile ago on VBulletin boards.
      Can usually be worked around doing the following:
      Change language settings to UTF 8 Test

      AdminCP ==>> Options ==> Styles & Lanague ==> Select UTF 8 Test ==>> Save

      If you paste something with a apostrophe in it, the rest of it gets cut.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well that would explain why it kept showing up in the cut / paste in each way I tried it - seemed to cut it at the ' of Year Zero.

        Comment


        • #5
          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/w...a-hacking.html

          Comment


          • #6
            The National Security Agency and the militarys closely related Cyber Command have the most extensive capabilities for breaking into foreign communications and computer networks and, if required, destroying them. But the C.I.A. maintains a parallel set of programs, mainly for gathering information.

            A set of N.S.A. hacking tools, evidently leaked from the agency or stolen in an electronic break-in, was put up for auction on the web last summer by a group calling itself the Shadow Brokers. Those tools were among the N.S.A.s arsenal for penetrating foreign computer networks. At first glance the Vault 7 programs appeared to be aimed at smaller, individual targets rather than large networks.

            (seems even an apostrophe generates a code problem)

            edit: seems the wire tap issue is put to bed. Every Windows computer with a microphone is a automatic access device to listen in on conversations. Smart TVs also.

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captquint
                Yeah, FUCK the America's social contract. Especially the 4th amendment. That is so 18th century... /roll

                Comment


                • #9
                  Per the Washington Post and I've tried to remove all the code flags. So, what happened to that employee and why have we not heard about him?


                  in the past year and a half, officials have discovered two major compromises of sensitive hacking tools by personnel working at the NSAs premier hacking unit: the Tailored Access Operations (TAO). One involved a Booz Allen Hamilton contractor, Harold T. Martin III, who is accused of carrying out the largest theft of classified government material. Although some of his activity took place before Rogers arrived and at other agencies, some of it including the breach of some of the most sensitive tools continued on Rogerss watch, the officials said.

                  Martins alleged theft was discovered when some of the tools he is accused of stealing were mysteriously released online in August. They included computer code based on obscure software flaws that could be used to take control of firewalls and networks what one former TAO operator called the keys to the kingdom.
                  Martin, who moved from the NSA to a job in a Defense Department acquisitions agency last year, was arrested in August. The news broke last month.
                  But there was a second, previously undisclosed breach of cybertools, discovered in the summer of 2015, which was also carried out by a TAO employee, one official said. That individual also has been arrested, but his case has not been made public.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PSA View Post
                    Yeah, FUCK the America's social contract. Especially the 4th amendment. That is so 18th century... /roll
                    I agree, circa The Patriot Act

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Assange made a very good point recently:
                      Did the CIA/ NSA / FBI inform President Obama that their hacking tools had been stolen and were sold on the internet?

                      Senate Intel Committee appears to not have been told - hard to know for sure. If they didn't tell Obama, that's pretty massive information. It would be interesting to know.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One of the constant problems with inventing new cyberwar tools(stealing info, spying, damaging people and property) is the certainty that whatever you invent will be used against you at some point. This is worrisome and destabilizing because the incentive to use the new weapon while you can is overwhelming. In our anonymous internet, turning lose a proxy on your chosen target insulates you from any accountability(or at least can give an actor a strong sense that they will never be caught).

                        What to do ? Cyber-security is already a tax on business and personal transactions. How long before there will be an national sales-tax-like surcharge for purchases ? With the proceeds going to a national cyber defense and insurance agency, of course.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Per Wikileaks / Assange - the only reason they got a copy of the actual software code is because contractors at the NSA / CIA were carrying around copies of the hacking software on travel drives and sharing it amongst themselves. Even if it was encrypted, their own products have ways to hack encryption (supposedly).
                          A tech reporter reported several months ago that the rumor was going around that the Apple encryption hack that the government paid to get built was stolen also. What if it was stolen with the rest of their hacking tools?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Beagleman View Post
                            Assange made a very good point recently:
                            Did the CIA/ NSA / FBI inform President Obama that their hacking tools had been stolen and were sold on the internet?

                            Senate Intel Committee appears to not have been told - hard to know for sure. If they didn't tell Obama, that's pretty massive information. It would be interesting to know.
                            just like when he was potus, Barry is finding out critical stuff via news reports.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beagleman View Post
                              Per Wikileaks / Assange - the only reason they got a copy of the actual software code is because contractors at the NSA / CIA were carrying around copies of the hacking software on travel drives and sharing it amongst themselves. Even if it was encrypted, their own products have ways to hack encryption (supposedly).
                              A tech reporter reported several months ago that the rumor was going around that the Apple encryption hack that the government paid to get built was stolen also. What if it was stolen with the rest of their hacking tools?
                              And still many just don't see why anyone would want to nueter the out of control and inept behemoth that is the US Government.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X