Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GOP's problem with women is that they've finally been outed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by stymiegreen View Post
    They are both no longer at Fox.
    Job done, public shun complete.

    The rest is for courts.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by on2muchcoffee View Post
      Job done, public shun complete.

      The rest is for courts.
      Its a media company. So hashing out every single court case every single time when there are multiple accusations over a period of years actually reflects poorly on the company whether the guys ever get proven guilty or not. And Fox apparently looked the other way for YEARS with both of them. So its not as if this was just a story that happened one day and both guys were sent packing immediately. It was a culture that was apparently tolerated for a long time at Fox. But yeah, it was a public shunning based on absolutely nothing is another possible option that apparently you're going with.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by stymiegreen View Post

        Its a media company. So hashing out every single court case every single time when there are multiple accusations over a period of years actually reflects poorly on the company whether the guys ever get proven guilty or not.
        So, no proof of guilt beyond "where there's smoke..." Yet, they did both lose their jobs. Good, right?

        Originally posted by stymiegreen View Post
        And Fox apparently looked the other way for YEARS with both of them. So its not as if this was just a story that happened one day and both guys were sent packing immediately. It was a culture that was apparently tolerated for a long time at Fox. But yeah, it was a public shunning based on absolutely nothing is another possible option that apparently you're going with.
        hmmm....sounds so familiar, well, minus the shunning part.
        Allegations come to light. Years of looking the other way, playing by their own rules.
        So much smoke was ignored...or it's just some conspiracy/smear campaign to take them down.
        Guess that depends on where your compass points, eh?



        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by on2muchcoffee View Post
          So, no proof of guilt beyond "where there's smoke..." Yet, they did both lose their jobs. Good, right?
          So your definition of "no proof" means you've discounted the claims from Fox that they did any investigation into the claims whatsoever? You realize the "proof" required for someone to lose their job is different than the "proof" required to convict someone in court, right? If the claims are unfounded then Ailes and O'Reilly are well within their rights to sue over it.

          Originally posted by on2muchcoffee View Post
          hmmm....sounds so familiar, well, minus the shunning part.
          Allegations come to light. Years of looking the other way, playing by their own rules.
          So much smoke was ignored...or it's just some conspiracy/smear campaign to take them down.
          Guess that depends on where your compass points, eh?
          Well to believe in a conspiracy you'd have to think all the talking head women at Fox just got together one day out of the blue to take down Ailes who was their boss. The smoke with O'Reilly is that he's always been an angry steaming asshole so yeah that does go against him if a bunch of women just decided to get together to bring him down. It also tempers my give a shit about whether he got railroaded or not from the standpoint that I'm not gonna waste hours doing my own thorough verification of every single claim regarding this story. I didn't investigate every single claim when there were allegations floating around that hadn't yet cost him his job yet either. Don't really care that much either way.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by stymiegreen View Post
            So your definition of "no proof" means you've discounted the claims from Fox that they did any investigation into the claims whatsoever? You realize the "proof" required for someone to lose their job is different than the "proof" required to convict someone in court, right? If the claims are unfounded then Ailes and O'Reilly are well within their rights to sue over it.
            They paid out their contracts. What are they going to sue over?


            Originally posted by stymiegreen View Post
            Well to believe in a conspiracy you'd have to think all the talking head women at Fox just got together one day out of the blue to take down Ailes who was their boss. The smoke with O'Reilly is that he's always been an angry steaming asshole so yeah that does go against him if a bunch of women just decided to get together to bring him down. It also tempers my give a shit about whether he got railroaded or not from the standpoint that I'm not gonna waste hours doing my own thorough verification of every single claim regarding this story. I didn't investigate every single claim when there were allegations floating around that hadn't yet cost him his job yet either. Don't really care that much either way.
            I completely believe that Ailes is a pile of shit. Bill could be anything from an unfounded claim, improper advances, or a total asshat.
            Don't really know. Either way, they are both no longer with Fox.
            That's the point, or do we need to exact some form or vengeance before you'll be happy since they aren't on your side?

            Comment

            Working...
            X