Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next GOP Trainwreck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Next GOP Trainwreck?

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...t-hawks-240907

  • #2
    I get the fascination with having the biggest, best, most bad ass military in the world. Its awesome. We already have that. By a mile. There really is no justification to blindly increase military spending unless its some sort of round about jobs program and that is an incredibly flimsy reason. Cuts needs to happen across the board-including militarily.

    Comment


    • #3
      Federal overspending is a national security issue.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
        I get the fascination with having the biggest, best, most bad ass military in the world. Its awesome. We already have that. By a mile. There really is no justification to blindly increase military spending unless its some sort of round about jobs program and that is an incredibly flimsy reason. Cuts needs to happen across the board-including militarily.
        Guys with small dicks cover it up with dreams of military glory? The cap will be along shortly to inform us of his insight in this area. Maybe he'll even post a few photos to really show is genius because words are sometimes tough.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Beagleman View Post

          Guys with small dicks cover it up with dreams of military glory? The cap will be along shortly to inform us of his insight in this area. Maybe he'll even post a few photos to really show is genius because words are sometimes tough.
          They appear tough for you as well

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by charliesheen View Post
            Federal overspending is a national security issue.


            Spot on!

            Comment


            • #7
              Funny how after a general election WH win, Senate and House majorities, majority of guv and state legs, and three special election wins, the GOP is in flames

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by biker View Post
                Funny how after a general election WH win, Senate and House majorities, majority of guv and state legs, and three special election wins, the GOP is in flames
                They control everything, sure. That doesn't mean they can't also be a train wreck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
                  I get the fascination with having the biggest, best, most bad ass military in the world. Its awesome. We already have that. By a mile. There really is no justification to blindly increase military spending unless its some sort of round about jobs program and that is an incredibly flimsy reason. Cuts needs to happen across the board-including militarily.
                  This. Our military is a giant, bloated monstrosity. We could cut the defense budget in half and still field the strongest military force in the world.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Beagleman View Post

                    Guys with small dicks cover it up with dreams of military glory? The cap will be along shortly to inform us of his insight in this area. Maybe he'll even post a few photos to really show is genius because words are sometimes tough.
                    What in the fuck are you trying to convey? ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
                      I get the fascination with having the biggest, best, most bad ass military in the world. Its awesome. We already have that. By a mile. There really is no justification to blindly increase military spending unless its some sort of round about jobs program and that is an incredibly flimsy reason. Cuts needs to happen across the board-including militarily.
                      Well said.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        In fact, Trump wants to do a Clinton base closing rampage but once again Congress will never pass it based on states that have them. Major economic destruction for their constituents.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The game is to make as many components of as many military toys in as many different States as possible.

                          That way none of the congresscritters will vote against anything the military wants because they don't want to get blamed for losing jobs in their States.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zach11k View Post

                            This. Our military is a giant, bloated monstrosity. We could cut the defense budget in half and still field the strongest military force in the world.
                            Do you think our government in general is also a "bloated monstrosity"?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
                              Do you think our government in general is also a "bloated monstrosity"?
                              In some areas, sure. But few other branches are so bloated as the military, given our country's cultish dedication to it. It's politically impossible to cut the defense budget by any meaningful amount.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X