Thread: Any Electricians in da house?

you are hardcore bro

Drinks own barnacles cigarettesandtea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTexasCrude View Post
    Hey, CAT-that's my line- get your own.
    You were too slow on the draw, Tex.

Stopped trying 10 posts ago Al Bundy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy69 View Post
    Breakers do go bad but if you changed it out and you still have a tripping problem the breaker is doing it's job.Start by unplugging one item at a time or everything at once plugged into the wall receptacles and turn the breaker back on if doesn't trip you know it's a problem in the wall and not the overhead lights and if does trip then it's one of the lights.You probably have a bad receptacle even if the face looks fine a lot time the fall apart in the back or a loose wire nut.I had a guy that's been a maintenance electrician call me out for a service call because he couldn't figured out what the problem was for 4hrs he searched within 10 mins I found water dripping in from the roof into a 1900 box and filled the emt with water causing the cloth wire inside to get soaked and causing a major arc breaking the wire.
    Really? Where was this, a museum?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Really? Where was this, a museum?
    Before the modern plastic romex of today wires had a plastic insulation but were wrapped in a fabric over coat, commonly called snake skin as it has a silver scale appearence.

male enhancement before model drtfmr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drtfmr View Post
    Knob and tube was free aired, what he had was in EMT. (conduit)

What your house would do if I suggested anything.

Clearly a Dick

yes

check and make sure your main feeds are secure into the breaker box. I had the issue you describe and one of the lines in wasnt tightened all the way. It fucked up lots of shit and caused breakers to trip when 220 was running through 110 wires causing shit to burn up. Included garage door openers, lights, etc.

Clearly a Dick

replace the batteries in your smoke detectors. Everything will be fine. Sleep well.

I have an electric personality

Quote Originally Posted by coombse View Post
    check and make sure your main feeds are secure into the breaker box. I had the issue you describe and one of the lines in wasnt tightened all the way. It fucked up lots of shit and caused breakers to trip when 220 was running through 110 wires causing shit to burn up. Included garage door openers, lights, etc.
    Loose neutral.

I've known a few electricians to do that to someone when pissed. It'll fuck up any 120v device that's plugged in at the time.

Isn't trying hard enough. Mavrik25's Avatar

I am an electrician on aircraft, not a house i know but electrical theory is still the same no matter where your applying it. And most of you are morons. You don't cut wires off cause u think they're not necessary, and rodent damage is unlikely cause your wiring should be inside metal sleeving. And there's no such thing as "neutral" in electrical wiring, your thinking of a ground, which is necessary to complete any circuit. Which is why your asshole friends fuck up people's things by not attaching it properly, cause electricity will find its way to ground one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik25 View Post
    I am an electrician on aircraft, not a house i know but electrical theory is still the same no matter where your applying it. And most of you are morons. You don't cut wires off cause u think they're not necessary, and rodent damage is unlikely cause your wiring should be inside metal sleeving. And there's no such thing as "neutral" in electrical wiring, your thinking of a ground, which is necessary to complete any circuit. Which is why your asshole friends fuck up people's things by not attaching it properly, cause electricity will find its way to ground one way or another.
    Maybe things are very, very different in the US, but household wiring rarely has a metal sleeve and always has a neutral.

I'm neutral on this subject

Clearly a Dick

the New Chevy Volt has a neutral. Mavrik is clearly wrong.

Yeah Mav, we'll call on you when we need help with aircraft wiring. There is a "neutral" in home wiring:

Electrically, it is no different than ground. It is actually the centertap of a 3-phase transformer.

It's ironic that this is the most retarded post in this whole thread.

Kicked out of the Blue Man Group AlmostWorthless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WooHooGuy View Post
    Try to isolate the circuit by removing everything on it...lamps, lightbulbs, anything plugged in. Make sure no appliances or a hard wired device is on the circuit and see if it trips again. If it does I would suspect HURRR DURRR-HURRR DURRR-HURRR DURRR- a faulty gfci and if there are none on the circuit then a loose wire or rodent damage you will have to Chase down.
    Of course you knew the answer.

the red wire,the orange,the purple and blue,2 electricians aren't enough,ya gonna need 2.