Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2017 NFL Coaching Carousel

    Currently there are 6 owners (Buf Den LA SF Jax SD) needing 6 coaches but rumors are that 3 more teams (Lions, Texans and Saints) might be joining the search.

    Although Colt's owner Jim Irsay might still get drunk and dump Pagano.

    Today, I read that Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan declared Denver is the best HC job available, was that wise if Elway says no thanks Kyle or is a deal already done?

    Pats OC McDaniels has 3 interviews for Saturday. It will be tough for Jax to compete with the allure of LA or the history of SF, can a $10 million dollar year offer be on the table?

  • #2
    Read a bunch of people are high on a THIRTY year old OC from the Redskins. Sean McVay or something like that.
    30 years old is rather shockingly young to be a HC. Several teams are supposedly interviewing him.

    I wouldn't want Kyle Shanahan. Not a strong enough career when he wasn't working for daddy. The NFL retreads old names so often, is he just a retread of his dad's name when people hire him?

    Guy that kind of interests me more than others is Vance Joseph the DC out of Miami. He doesn't have a shitload of experience either.

    Comment


    • #3
      I assume Bill Cower and Tony Dungy are still not interested in a return to HC?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hawkfan8812 View Post
        I assume Bill Cower and Tony Dungy are still not interested in a return to HC?
        Haven't heard much lately about Tom Coughlin. Lock for some sort of Jags job?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by beantown23 View Post
          Currently there are 6 owners (Buf Den LA SF Jax SD) needing 6 coaches but rumors are that 3 more teams (Lions, Texans and Saints) might be joining the search.

          Although Colt's owner Jim Irsay might still get drunk and dump Pagano.

          Today, I read that Atlanta OC Kyle Shanahan declared Denver is the best HC job available, was that wise if Elway says no thanks Kyle or is a deal already done?

          Pats OC McDaniels has 3 interviews for Saturday. It will be tough for Jax to compete with the allure of LA or the history of SF, can a $10 million dollar year offer be on the table?
          Why in god's name would anyone want to throw any money at McDaniels? You know which OC looked like a strong HC candidate under Bellichik? All of them. Hell I would look like a great coach if I worked for Bellichik.
          McDaniels was such a genius in Denver he traded up for Tebow.

          Comment


          • #6
            Taking a Pats OC as a head coach is like giving 1st round pics for Brady backup QBs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by spudoc View Post
              McDaniels was such a genius in Denver he traded up for Tebow.
              BURN!!1

              Originally posted by FSchmertz View Post
              Taking a Pats OC as a head coach is like giving 1st round pics for Brady backup QBs.
              DOUBLE BURN!!!!111

              Comment


              • #8
                McDaniels was the GM at Denver?
                Denver had traded back multiple times in that draft and then traded back up. It was all really part of Denver trading Cutler. The Bronco's basically turned Cutler into D. Thomas, Eric Decker and Tim Tebow. Plus the original Kyle Orton.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Beagleman View Post
                  McDaniels was the GM at Denver?
                  Denver had traded back multiple times in that draft and then traded back up. It was all really part of Denver trading Cutler. The Bronco's basically turned Cutler into D. Thomas, Eric Decker and Tim Tebow. Plus the original Kyle Orton.
                  Tebow was a draft day trade with Baltimore. And the story that came out at the time was that McDaniels was pushing very hard to get Tebow. At the time Tebow was considered a risky second round pick and the Broncos gave up three picks to make him a first rounder.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To OP/ You can throw out that Lions/ Houston nonsense about possible moves with their HC. Both made the playoffs, which with these 2 orgs is good enough until next year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Caldwell is not going anywhere. Lions announced it yesterday.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Beagleman View Post
                        Read a bunch of people are high on a THIRTY year old OC from the Redskins. Sean McVay or something like that.
                        30 years old is rather shockingly young to be a HC. Several teams are supposedly interviewing him.

                        I wouldn't want Kyle Shanahan. Not a strong enough career when he wasn't working for daddy. The NFL retreads old names so often, is he just a retread of his dad's name when people hire him?

                        Guy that kind of interests me more than others is Vance Joseph the DC out of Miami. He doesn't have a shitload of experience either.
                        Mike Tomlin was 34.

                        Per Wikipedia:

                        With Tomlin, the Steelers continued a trend of hiring head coaches in their 30s. The others were Cowher (age 34 in 1992), Chuck Noll (38 in 1969), Bill Austin (38 in 1966), John Michelosen (32 in 1948), Jim Leonard (35 in 1945), Aldo Donelli (33 in 1941), Walt Kiesling (35 in 1939), Johnny "Blood" McNally (33 in 1937), and Joe Bach (34 in 1935).[

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cigarettesandtea View Post
                          Mike Tomlin was 34.

                          Per Wikipedia:

                          With Tomlin, the Steelers continued a trend of hiring head coaches in their 30s. The others were Cowher (age 34 in 1992), Chuck Noll (38 in 1969), Bill Austin (38 in 1966), John Michelosen (32 in 1948), Jim Leonard (35 in 1945), Aldo Donelli (33 in 1941), Walt Kiesling (35 in 1939), Johnny "Blood" McNally (33 in 1937), and Joe Bach (34 in 1935).[
                          But Bradshaw says Tomlin sucks

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by spudoc View Post
                            But Bradshaw says Tomlin sucks
                            Tomlin's response:

                            Now that being said, terms like ‘cheerleader guy,’ to me, maybe fall outside the bounds of critique or criticism. They probably fall more toward the area of disrespect and unprofessional. But what do I know? I grew up a Dallas [Cowboys] fan. Particularly, a Hollywood Henderson fan.”
                            Zing.
                            The latter was a reference to former Cowboys linebacker Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson calling Bradshaw dumb before Super Bowl XIII and saying the Hall of Fame quarterback “couldn’t spell cat if you spotted him the C and the A.”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beagleman View Post
                              Read a bunch of people are high on a THIRTY year old OC from the Redskins. Sean McVay or something like that.
                              30 years old is rather shockingly young to be a HC. Several teams are supposedly interviewing him.

                              I wouldn't want Kyle Shanahan. Not a strong enough career when he wasn't working for daddy. The NFL retreads old names so often, is he just a retread of his dad's name when people hire him?

                              Guy that kind of interests me more than others is Vance Joseph the DC out of Miami. He doesn't have a shitload of experience either.

                              Agree, only one year as a DC for the 31st ranked Miami defense but on the other hand he once was a Colorado Buffalo.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X