Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cigarettesandtea View Post
    Coffey was good on the Pens but theirs was a very different team.

    Crosby puts a lot of effort on defense, something Ovechkin apparently doesn't do.
    Crosby is hands down the best player in the world right now. Not only is his play on the ice the best but he brings the best out of who he is playing with. Guenzel is at the top for scoring in the playoffs. Guess whose line he has been playing on?

    Thats the difference between Crosby and Ovechkin. This is also why Crosby has two Stanley cups and possibly could get his third this year. The guy is the best out there.

    Comment


    • For Canadians the Stanley Cup is the end all and be all of their hockey lives.

      For a Russian who's playing in the NHL making more money than he'd ever make in Russia the Stanley Cup is not the same treasure. Ovechkin is very talented and very overpaid for his NHL production. But he puts asses in the seats all season. And he's won world championships, olympics, and if he loses in the Cup playoffs he's not gonna cry and try any harder to win it next time.

      For him he plays and the million$ role into his bank account and he goes back to Russia when the season for the Caps is over. Last year he left 24 hours after the elimination loss to the Pens and headed home.

      Crosby, whiner that he is plays half concussed, and would try to the death to win the Cup like most North Americans would. Just two different players with dissimilar career goals.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TD View Post

        Crosby is hands down the best player in the world right now. Not only is his play on the ice the best but he brings the best out of who he is playing with. The guy is the best out there.
        AND .... he could kick Slap's ass with one hand while eating a cheeseburger with the other!

        Comment


        • Millbury " Pittsburgh had no legs, no hands and no life"

          Congrats Ottawa with a 2-1 overtime win.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by beantown23 View Post
            Millbury " Pittsburgh had no legs, no hands and no life"

            Congrats Ottawa with a 2-1 overtime win.
            They had two games like that against Washington, they'll be ok.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Reservoir Dog View Post

              AND .... he could kick Slap's ass with one hand while eating a cheeseburger with the other!
              No chance.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mr.Skipper's Uncle View Post
                For Canadians the Stanley Cup is the end all and be all of their hockey lives.

                For a Russian who's playing in the NHL making more money than he'd ever make in Russia the Stanley Cup is not the same treasure. Ovechkin is very talented and very overpaid for his NHL production. But he puts asses in the seats all season. And he's won world championships, olympics, and if he loses in the Cup playoffs he's not gonna cry and try any harder to win it next time.

                For him he plays and the million$ role into his bank account and he goes back to Russia when the season for the Caps is over. Last year he left 24 hours after the elimination loss to the Pens and headed home.

                Crosby, whiner that he is plays half concussed, and would try to the death to win the Cup like most North Americans would. Just two different players with dissimilar career goals.
                Russians are, and always will be fucking flakes. In the history of the NHL there are only a handful of Russians that weren't flakes. In hockey, the Stanley Cup is how your career will be judged. The world championships happen every year. No one gives 2 shits aboot them. As a matter of fact, they are going on right now.

                To correct your comment, Ovechkin has NEVER won a Olympic medal, let alone a gold one.

                And, whether you like him or not, Crosby will go down as a champion, and a great player. Ovechkin, well, when he decided to try, he could score some goals. Good for him. He'll be always be known as just another goal suck.

                For the record, I would take the flaky Russian goal scorer, who also never won a cup, Pavel Bure, on my team before Ovechkin. At least he got to game 7 of the cup finals.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kwebber View Post
                  The world championships happen every year. No one gives 2 shits aboot them. As a matter of fact, they are going on right now.
                  Canada is 4-0-1

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kwebber View Post

                    Russians are, and always will be fucking flakes. In the history of the NHL there are only a handful of Russians that weren't flakes. In hockey, the Stanley Cup is how your career will be judged. The world championships happen every year. No one gives 2 shits aboot them. As a matter of fact, they are going on right now.

                    To correct your comment, Ovechkin has NEVER won a Olympic medal, let alone a gold one.

                    And, whether you like him or not, Crosby will go down as a champion, and a great player. Ovechkin, well, when he decided to try, he could score some goals. Good for him. He'll be always be known as just another goal suck.

                    For the record, I would take the flaky Russian goal scorer, who also never won a cup, Pavel Bure, on my team before Ovechkin. At least he got to game 7 of the cup finals.
                    You realize of course that the Red Wings were at the forefront of bringing Russian talent to the NHL and that their decade of dominance involved about 5 or 6 top notch (and critical) Russian players, right?

                    Fedorov
                    Larionov
                    Fetisov
                    Konstantinov
                    Datsyuk
                    Kozlov

                    Comment


                    • Pavel Datsyuk was a fucking fantastic hockey player.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
                        Pavel Datsyuk was a fucking fantastic hockey player.
                        Yep. And still not as good as Fedorov and possibly even Larionov.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post

                          You realize of course that the Red Wings were at the forefront of bringing Russian talent to the NHL and that their decade of dominance involved about 5 or 6 top notch (and critical) Russian players, right?

                          Fedorov
                          Larionov
                          Fetisov
                          Konstantinov
                          Datsyuk
                          Kozlov
                          Datsyuk was a great player, but in the end he walked away from a signed contract with the Red Wings, leaving them with 7.5 million against the salary cap. That was a shitty move by a player who the Red Wings had treated very well. Luckily for the Red Wings, they were able to trade that contract away.

                          I did say there were a handful of Russians that have ever played in the NHL, weren't flakes. Most Russians are fucking flakes. And, just so you know, the Canucks brought Larionov over, not the Red Wings. The Canucks brought over Larionov, Krutov, Bure. Krutov was a flake, and as great a goal scorer as Bure was, he was a flake too. So was Sergei Fedorov's brother Fedor Fedorov, whyo the Canucks also had. I stand by my statement, that most Russians are headcases.

                          Comment


                          • Correct on larionov and also Fetisov. I believe the devil's signed him originally. My point is that those handful of Russian players were critical to a decade of dominance and stability. If an American or Canadian playing overseas did the exact same thing (move back home to be with family) as datsyuk would you call it flaky? There are any number of Canadian and American flakes and head cases. Your desire to label all Russian players as flaky seems to be based on Canadian pride.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CHEEZY08 View Post
                              Correct on larionov and also Fetisov. I believe the devil's signed him originally. My point is that those handful of Russian players were critical to a decade of dominance and stability. If an American or Canadian playing overseas did the exact same thing (move back home to be with family) as datsyuk would you call it flaky? There are any number of Canadian and American flakes and head cases. Your desire to label all Russian players as flaky seems to be based on Canadian pride.
                              I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you dude. It has nothing to do with "Canadian pride". I'm guessing you're a Red Wing fan? If you followed hockey at large, and not just one team, you'd see it. You named 5 Russians on one team, that worked out. Good for them. But I can start a list of Russian players that have played in the NHL that were flakes. And, considering what a small percentage of NHL players Russians are, the number of Russian headcases is a large percentage. I'd take a Swede or a Finn on my team any day, over a Russian.

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X